Terms & Conditions
- Guests do NOT have to be a UCSB / UC graduate in order to attend the Family Vacation Center.
- We accept checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards. We cannot accept cash payment. Checks are to be made payable to “UC Regents.”
Mail checks to:
Family Vacation Center
UCSB Alumni Affairs
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1120
Registration for summer 2021 will begin on December 1, 2020.
- No Deposit Per Person Due on or before March 14, 2021
- 50% of Total Reservation Due on or after March 15, 2021
- 100% of Total Reservation Due on or after June 15, 2021
- Secure online payments will be accepted beginning March 15, 2021 (or call the office to authorize a payment over the phone). June payments will be automatically charged on the same credit card as the March payment unless you contact the office with different payment instructions. Reservations taken after March 15, 2021 will pay the 50% due at the time of reservation. Reservations taken after June 15, 2021 will pay 100%. If you need to set up a different payment plan, please contact our office at 805-893-3123.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- Cancellation requests need to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made anytime before 30 days prior to the start of the vacation will be charged a $200 Cancellation Fee per suite.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the vacation will be charged a 25% Cancellation Fee per suite.
- There will be no financial penalty for changing weeks, space permitting.
- Cancelling an individual from your party within 10 days prior to your vacation will result in a 25% cancellation fee for that individual.
- An individual cancellation made more than 10 days prior to your vacation will incur no cancellation fee.
- An individual cancellation that results in your party falling below the minimum guests required for your particular suite size will result in a $450 surcharge (per person below minimum) or a change in suite.
- Full refunds or partial refunds will not be processed for guests who choose to leave their vacation early.
- Payments made for a vacation may not be transferred from one summer to another.
- All cancellation policies apply.
- This policy does not apply to space reservations. Please see Space Reservations for more details.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days to be processed.
Refunds will be granted based on the cancellation policy. Full refunds or partial refunds will not be processed for guests who choose to leave their vacation early. Refunds may take up to a month to be processed.
There are several discounts offered to our guests. Read details below
about each discount offered.
- Kids 3 and under stay FREE week 1 (June 20-26, 2021): Limited space available. Once free spots fill up children are then charged at regular price.
- Teen Friend Discount: Bring a teen friend for half the cost. The teen must be between the ages of 13-18 and they cannot be an immediate family member.
- Referral Discount: Returning campers refer a friend and save! A $50 discount will be given to the returning family when the new referred family registers, plus a $50 discount will be given to the new referred family. Referring family name must be provided at time of registration to apply. Unlimited referral discounts available to referring families. Subject to confirmation that referring family has attended a prior season at the Family Vacation Center. $25 discount for referrals where the new referred family registers for the Mini Week Session.
- Online or Print Review: Write a review and receive a $50 discount. A link or copy of the review must be sent to the FVC office. There is a limit of two review discounts available per suite.
- Lifetime Member Discount: Lifetime Alumni Association Members of a University of California Alumni Association will receive a $100 discount upon verification of membership. Membership information must be provided at time of registration. Member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Member is occupying. There is a limit of one Lifetime Membership discount per suite. $50 discount for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
- UC Santa Barbara Alumni: UCSB graduates will receive a $200 discount upon verification of Alumni status. Alumni must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Alumni is occupying. There is a limit of one UCSB Alumni discount per suite. $100 discount for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
- University of California Staff & Faculty: UC Faculty and Staff members will receive a $100 discount upon verification of UC Faculty or Staff status. UC Faculty or Staff member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the UC Faculty or Staff member is occupying. There is a limit of one UC Faculty and Staff discount per suite. $50 discount for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
- Former FVC Staff: Former FVC Staff will receive a $100 discount upon verification of Former FVC Staff status. Former Staff member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Former Staff member is occupying. There is a limit of one Former FVC Staff discount per suite. $50 discount for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
- Share a suite and save!: 2 small families who register to stay in the same larger suite will each receive a $150 discount off their stay. Each family will register and pay separately. Contact the office to take advantage of this SUITE DEAL. $75 discount for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
$100 Activity Credit
This credit will be given to families who register for summer 2021 prior to January 15, 2021. Limit 1 Activity Credit per suite. Activity Credits cannot be redeemed for cash. Activity Credits cannot be transferred to another family’s tab. Activity Credits may only be used for activities, merchandise or crafts sold through the Family Vacation Center. Activity Credits may not be used for any type of reservation-related charges or gratuity for the staff. Activity Credits must be used by a specified date and time. $50 activity credit for guests booking the Mini Week Session.
Space reservations will hold a reservation in your same week for the following year up to a specified date. If you purchased a space reservation for 2020 we offer you the perks of priority registration without the fee for 2021. To claim your priority registration status please contact the office and let us know that you would like to be placed on the 2021 Priority Registration list, pending confirmation of eligibility. There is no penalty for requesting a change in week and/or room, space permitting. Space reservations can only be applied for the following summer. For summer 2021, space reservations will be held until December 1, 2020.
The Family Vacation Center is designed as a six-day program. If a member of your family is unable to attend the full session, the following partial stay rates will apply.
2020 Partial Rates (Per Day)(2021 Rates TBD)
Adults & 13+
Suite Size Requirements
The FVC offers 2, 3, and 4 bedroom suites. The number of people in your group will determine the size suite you are assigned to. If you fall below the minimum number of people, but would like to reserve a larger suite, a surcharge of $450 per a person below the minimum occupancy of the suite will be charged.
We will strive to accommodate special room requests. Only if space permits will we move smaller parties to larger suites based upon availability at the time of check-in. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact either Sheri or Lesli in the office at 805-893-3123 and we will be happy to provide further details.
2 to 4 people
4 to 6 people
5 to 8 people
* $450 Surcharge Per Person Below Minimum in a Suite
Pre-Arrival Information and Activity Sign-Ups will be available 30 days before your stay.
Registration Wait-list: If we are unable to book you initially in your week of choice, you will be placed on a wait-list. We will contact you as soon as a space becomes available. To check availability, see the dates and rates table.